Saturday, June 19, 2010

Productive!

I would consider today a productive day... I've posted on both my food blog, this one, and plan to update the family blog which is a major success considering it's been almost a month since any have been touched!  Sorry if you are a regular reader... I've been a letdown. =)

Also accomplished today, in both sun and rain:

  • Picked 22 lbs. of organic strawberries with Mac
  • Started one batch of strawberries, bananas, and apples in the dehydrator
  • Hulled all the strawberries and begun flash-freezing them
  • Found perfect Father's Day cards for both dads
  • Watered my garden
  • Found the first produce in our garden: a little green bean!
  • Picked raspberries from the neighbor's yard
  • Said hi to my parents
  • Walked downtown with my Mac to get our favorite chai and take the computer to the Mac store
  • Went into the Inkwell WITHOUT begging Mac to buy anything
  • Rigged up a clothesline in the backyard
  • Cleared the yard of weeds that came up to my waist
  • Pruned the rosebushes (I know it's the wrong season, but they were falling over...)
  • Discovered the herbs that previous renters planted are edible
  • Thought about what to do with the 22 lbs. of strawberries and decided to make some strawberry crisp for dessert.
What beauty I find in a productive Saturday!  Now, to continue the productivity without going absolutely insane... on the docket for tomorrow after church:
  • Go to Costco
  • Make granola, adding in some of the dehydrated strawberries
  • Get some laundry drying on the clothesline (if it's not raining)
  • Bake bread
  • Read my book
  • Play piano
  • Clean the house
  • Dinner with the fam for Dad

No comments: