Krissa and Josh are doing a superhero themed nursery for Baby Aiden, thus the inspiration for this craft. It's super easy, and turned out pretty cool! You could do this with any theme, really, and just replace the comic book pages with scrapbook paper.
What you'll need:
- 12 x 12 (or any size) canvas (I got mine on sale at Michael's for $4)
- An old comic book (Used book store: $3)
- Mod Podge
- Scrap cardboard (I used an old framing matte)
- Paint
- Glue
- Scissors
First, I picked a couple of the pages from the comic book that I liked, and ripped them out. I think it took 4 overlapped pages to cover the canvas. I put modpodge on the back of the page, stuck it to the canvas, then layered mod-podge over the entire canvas. I trimmed the edges of the paper after it had dried.
While that was drying, I cut out my letter from cardboard. I found a free font called "Badaboom!", printed a large outlined template, then used scissors to cut out the cardboard. I also printed my template for "Aiden". After the red paint dried (I used 3 coats), I used the pencil technique to trace the name onto the letter. (Pencil technique: shade the entire back of your template with pencil then trace of the letters on top of the cardboard. It will leave a faint outline on the letter that is easily covered by paint).
After everything was dry, I glued the letter to the canvas. Voila!
No comments:
Post a Comment