Monday, December 8, 2008

GOOD NEWS!

Thank you so much for all your prayers - they've been answered! I have constantly stressed that my biggest request was that N would talk and walk again, and praise the Lord, he's doing both! Saturday he took 60 steps independently which is incredible.  As of Tuesday, he was barely standing on his own.  Also, Tuesday, when I saw him, he was not talking at all... by Thursday he was saying "yeah" and "okay" and by Saturday he was speaking in full sentences - slurred and hard to understand, but sentences nonetheless!  

In addition, he was able to point at photos of his classmates and say their name, which is a great sign regarding his memory.  My coworkers who have seen him more recently than myself say that he is beginning to show his old personality again, and the N we all know, love, and that drives us crazy is coming back - really, that's the best news I've heard in a long time!  

Today he was moved from the children's hospital to the rehab clinic, so that is also good news.  Keep the prayers going upward and I'll keep you updated.  I'm hoping to go see him Wednesday or Thursday this week; I want to talk to him and pass on greetings to him from people who love him.  

Again thank you!  The little guy would thank you too, if he knew you had such a committed part in his recovery.  

No comments: