Friday, March 19, 2010

Library

Confession: I love the library. Yes, I'm a nerd. I don't care; the library is cool, okay?

I went to the library today for the first time in a long time... haven't been there since August except to pick up my books on hold, but even then - I picked up 11 books at one time and then kept renewing them online until I couldn't renew them anymore. (I didn't finish all 11, by the way). In all honesty, I was only hitting up the library today because Grama had some books to be picked up, but while I was there, I fell right into the "oh, I'll just check if they have..." trap. I was there for 45 minutes. I came home with 4 books: 1 Dekker novel, 1 on the history of coffee (okay, really REALLY obsessed with that black beverage), and 2 that are well... cookbooks.

Yep, nerd. I check out cookbooks from the library - what of it? Which brings me to my next point. Is it wrong that I have an obsession with cookbooks? And cooking magazines... I just have this constant need to look at new recipes, read all the procedural tips, and so on. I would spend all day looking at cookbooks if I could. Especially if there are pictures. Which is what I've been doing since I got home at 6:30; looking at cookbooks. From the library.

So, the one cookbook that I have decided I absolutely, 100% need and cannot live without is The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book. Oh. my. goodness. Stuffed French Toast, Rustic Italian Bread, Calzone, Turtle Brownies, Cinnamon-Swirl Cookies, Granola Bars, Whoopie Pies, Rustic Fruit Tarts.... ah, my mouth is watering. I think I might've just drooled a little. And not to mention all the amazing kitchen supplies/utensils and equipment that it recommends. I want, I need.

Okay, I don't NEED any of this, but boy do I love America's Test Kitchen Baking Book. And all cookbooks. And the library.

No comments: