But, of course, getting through Friday is always treacherous. Something goes wrong and we always say, "hey, at least it's Friday." The day drags on... "I'm so glad it's Friday!" You get pinched or fail to complete something... "well, come 3 o'clock, it's the weekend." I feel that Friday never quite receives the full attention it deserves like every other day. On Fridays, we slack. We say, "oh, it's Friday, I don't feel like working." We wear jeans. Push through the day, but don't give it our full effort. Simply because we're glad it's Friday and we're more excited about what's to follow it... going home.
What if we treated life like a Friday? We should, you know? Everyday should be, "Thank God it's Friday - soon I get to go home." I hope that I'm as excited to go to heaven to be with my Loved One (Jesus Christ my Savior) as I am to go home from work to my husband. Everyday should be filled with anticipation of the weekend, the time when God calls us to our true home and we get to spend every moment with no agenda praising Him.
I'm so glad it's Friday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment