Monday, February 9, 2009

Tired

Today was a "I'm-tired-of-life" type day.  Mondays are my long days; I work from 7:30-1:30, kill time until 4, which is when I have my staff meeting until 5... So, I'm gone from 7-5:30, which is a long day for someone is gone for only 7 hours the rest of the days of the week. This post was not meant to be a complaining vent... I just think everyone can relate to being tired.

I was able to talk to my best friend today for quite some time, which has not happened since Christmas.  It was amazing to catch up.  There is so much going on in both our lives right now and I just hate missing out on her wedding plans, her ministry opportunities and Bible school experiences.  I hate that she can't see my life here in Spokane nor be part of my new marriage.  One can only say so much on the phone.  When so much of human communication is nonverbal, it's a bit difficult to get your point across when you can't see the person's face, watch his/her body language or really hear the tone of voice.  It's just information. I'm tired of having phone conversations with people... especially when they only happen every two months or so.  Speaking of, I decided phone tag is the worst game ever.  Malori, if you're reading this, we need to just set a time when we're going to talk, because I haven't talked to you since October 18th, and that's ridiculous.

This weekend I went to tri-cities to visit my dear, beloved second family.  The boys are getting so big, and really developing into the unique personalities that God created them to be.  We were able to listen to Lane (12 years old) play the guitar and hear all his talent.  Seth poured out his soul's passion for animals as he included us in his decisions of picking out chickens and steers for 4-H this year.  There is a creative caterpillar growing inside of Chad that is just dying to bust out in glorious shapes and colors.  When it does, it will be completely unique and have his name written all over it.  Ian is just a clown, loving the attention of his older brothers (when they're nice) and of course his beloved Mac.  I'm tired of missing out on they're growing up years and talking with their Mom and Dad everyday.

The Kings have two dogs, Gem and Zoey.  Zoey is just a puppy and pretty much the cutest thing on the face of the earth.  I've been wanting a dog for quite some time now, but it's just not feasible with both of us working full-time and living in a 2nd-story apartment with no yard.  I definitely have recognized that the Lord has given me the heart of a woman - one that longs to nurture and care for things.  And since it's not currently in the budget or our plan (and we don't think it's in God's either) to have a baby right now, I've resorted to desiring a puppy.  I'm tired of wanting to always spend money and time on things that I can neither have nor really fully take care of at the moment.

At 8:15 I told Mac that I was sleepy-tired. Really sleepy-tired. I probably could have fallen asleep right then and there.  He counter-acted that desire and made me some hot chocolate accompanied by a challenge of the game of Settlers of Catan.  I love my husband, he's wonderful.  I'm tired of being tired at 8:15, and going to bed at 9:30 because I simply cannot make it any longer.

On that note, I'm going to sign off because it's 9:43 and if I don't go to sleep, I'll wake up saying I'm tired of going to work.  Which I am, but only on the days that I don't want to go. Which are usually the days after I go to bed after 9:30.  Therefore, good-bye.

"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."  - Matthew 11:28-30 - The words of our Comfort and Strength, Jesus Christ.


1 comment:

rosepua said...

Your openness is really helpful in seeing how walking this faith in Christ looks like. Hopeful, I'd say, to us.