Vulnerability contains some incredible aspect of freedom. There is freedom in revealing the hurts and joys of your inmost being. A release of true emotion gives two people intimacy beyond physical ability. It's hard to find those people with whom vulnerability comes naturally, and when you find them, you never want to let them go. Discovering why this is took me some time, but I think I finally figured out. All of us long to be safe, to feel secure. Only God can provide that safety and security, but we, as humans (imperfect in nature), require tangible evidence of such comfort. Therefore, the Lord of all grace gave us each other to serve as vessels, carrying God's provision to one another. He has handpicked every connection between two people, allowing some to create bonds that, in an instant, break down the barriers of self-disgust and saving face. Other bonds, while taking more time to cross the bridge, are also meant to last a lifetime. I experience nothing but amazement with those few-and-far-between relationships come into my life and I find freedom. Freedom in utter vulnerability; in complete and reckless abandon of any self-service. It is there, in the midst of unveiled honesty, that God meets us... together.
Thank you the Lord for his constant effort to reach our stone-cold hearts...
No comments:
Post a Comment